As a wedding photographer in Kansas City, I shot several weddings at the Powell Garden in Northwestern 1609. US Highway 50 in Kingsville, Missouri. We like this place. This is a romantic and beautiful place to hold a wedding. But the reason that makes it so unique may also present some unique challenges for the bride, groom, their wedding and guests. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your wedding day experience:
- On time – the location is a 900 acre botanical garden. This place is very scattered. The bridal dressing room is very close to the church and reception. This can create logistical challenges that weddings can't encounter in other locations, so being late for 20 minutes compared to the locker room can put a lot of pressure on your wedding and really make your schedule cramped.
- Please wear a pair of comfortable walking shoes – as we said, this place is big. The entire site is full of huge photo opportunities, but it does take a walk to reach the various attractions. Faced with reality, most wedding shoes are made with style rather than comfort. Bring a pair of slippers or footwear so you can easily slide in between the photo and the cart and the parking lot. Powell Gardens has beautiful photos everywhere, but it takes a walk to get there.
- The church has limited time – the Marjorie Powell Allen Memorial Church is a wedding in Kansas City. Since the chapel is used for a variety of activities throughout the day and should be as open to visitors as possible, the garden has strict rules on the booking time for the chapel. This means that the two hours you keep are two hours.
- Consider the second photographer – if you want to hold a large wedding, or plan to hold an autumn or winter wedding in Powell Garden, these will challenge the photography plan that relies on a single photographer. In the fall and winter, there may be a shortage of light, making your outdoor photography time more limited. These factors, combined with the natural distribution of the venue and the time constraints of the chapel, make the two-person photography team a wise choice to make your photography more efficient.
- Make a list of important items – located in Kingsville, Missouri, about 25 minutes drive from Kansas City, the garden is very remote. Therefore, forgetting to run a garter can present some serious challenges, such as running back to a hotel, house or retail store to replace lost items. Make a list of important projects ahead of time for your important day. Put these items in a duffel bag in your car and you will transport it to Powell Garden. Please check the list carefully before leaving.
- Keep your guest list under control – in order to hold a comfortable ceremony at the Powell Garden church, you need to keep the number of guests below 100. Although it looks beautiful, the church was not a wedding church, but more like a wedding church. refuge. The space there is very precious.
Keep these tips in mind and you will enjoy a wonderful and happy experience at this great wedding venue in Kansas City! Watch our wedding photography gallery from Powell Gardens.